Frequently Asked Questions
Errors on credit reports can be caused by a variety of reasons, including:
- An application was submitted under a different name (e.g.: Robert Smith vs Bob Smith)
- Someone made a clerical error when inputting your information into their system
- The social security number provided might have been incorrect
- Payments on credit cards or loans might have accidentally been applied to the wrong account
- Someone might have submitted a credit application without your consent
Fixing errors on your credit report can be difficult and very time consuming. If you need help, please contact CreditAssist at 1-888-438-8755 to speak with a representative today.
Because of this, we schedule your dispute letters in such a way where it will be carefully thought out requests addressing very specific and unique issues. The exact scheduling/timing we develop will depend on: the total number of dispute items, the Bureaus and creditors involved in the dispute, as well as the type of dispute we'll be submitting.
Based on your priority and credit goals, we will create a game plan to maximize our efforts and minimize your wait time. Our team will draft and send customized dispute letters to the credit bureaus as well as your creditors. We will also work with you on drafting any follow-up letters that might be required. As the credit bureau removes or updates the incorrect information from your credit report, we'll obtain updated copies for your records.
We combine our commitment and extensive in-depth knowledge of the various laws protecting your credit rights with cutting-edge technology to deliver an unmatched customer experience. We want you to succeed! And success for us doesn't just mean helping you correct errors on your credit report. It also means providing guidance on smart credit habit so you always stay in control of your credit. Visit our